“In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth.” Genesis 1:1
How close is God truly in our lives?
This week we are focusing on the closeness of God. How He in fact is much closer than we think.
One of the areas that many of us have struggled with is transparency. We don’t reveal too much because we’ve been afraid that people will get too close. Well God wants us to bare it all! He delights in actually delights in hearing from His children.
Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7
Something that we learn is that he thinks toward us. God actually thinks great thoughts about us because He believes in us! The next time doubt, fear, and worry try to creep up cast those thoughts down! They are from the enemy and we know he is the father of lies.
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” Jeremiah 29:11
What is in your imagination becomes your reality. – Sharon Nesbitt
Communication with our King should be on a daily basis. Whether it’s greeting God early in the morning or having a moment of release in your lunch break, God’s line is never blocked.
Try not to use this powerful resource only during emergency situations. Prayer gives us insight.
Here are some points we can take away from today’s lesson.
- We have to be transparent with God in order to keep our hearts pure.
- God is a personable God. He seeks relationship with us.
- Regardless of how many times we connect with him, we can always gain a new revelation.
- Christ is the living water. When we draw from Him we receive the perfect amount of refreshing to carry us through.
- We are not restricted from His resources. God’s connection is unlimited.
- We don’t have to have it all together but all things are working together for our good.