Hey there. Have you ever felt like you’ve been doing so much but on the outside it appears like you’re living under a rock? That was me not too long ago.
You might have wondered, “Where has Shantel been?” or “Why haven’t I seen her post frequently?” Well if you didn’t know already, I’M GETTING MARRIED!! 🙂
Last September, my fiancé proposed to me during a conference I’ve hosted called the Promise Ceremony. Towards the end of it, he spoke about living a pure lifestyle, rapped an ode to me, and surprised me with a proposal. It was awesome. Now we’re getting married this September!
In addition to future bride, there are several other hats that I’ve been blessed to wear. I sing in a group called Holy Host Ministries. We perform in the DMV area using dance, rap, song, and spoken word. I’ve been a worship leader, speaker, teacher, children’s church teacher, and family gal. I love connecting with people and being a part of a spirit-filled community. But things have started shifting in response to this new chapter of my destiny.
Definition of destiny
I felt like God had hid me for a while in preparation for where I am now. I kept hearing “Keep Writing” or “Prepare Now”. Like a surfer getting ready for a wave. I was honestly frustrated but I see why He prepared me.
We all have God-given assignments and purposes we are meant to fulfill. And there are times when God hides us or things slow down strategically to prepare us for something greater.
Everytime this has happened in my life I was being prepared for something bigger than the last season in my life. That is how the Promise Ceremony was born. That is also how Life to Your Soul was born. Can you relate in some way?
Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving… Colossians 4:2 NKJV
Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird,
That cannot fly.
Here are some tips that have helped me:
- Invest in yourself. Read books on the direction you believe you’re going. Check out podcasts or related videos as well.
- Don’t be afraid to mess up, as my fiancé has told me. You’ve got this because God’s got you.
- Plan ahead. Invest in a weekly or monthly planner. It’s worked wonders in my life.
- Network. Hang out with others who are successful and proactive. It can give a boost that you won’t regret, especially when you need encouragement.
- Pray, fast, and worship. Have intimate time with the Father and His word. It will replenish your soul and help you tune into the Spirit. Read more here.
- Give thanks always! Regardless of what it looks like, you are still blessed. Appreciate the little things which lead to greater.
Prayer for Direction
I thank You for this opportunity to seek you. Thank you for this new season you have me in. I pray that You will show me how to proceed forward. I surrender my will to yours. If there are any hindrances/distractions, I release them to you. Help me to overcome. Even though I’ll have trials, I receive the truth that You are with me. Help me not to be discouraged. Please send others who can help edify and encourage me on this journey. Thank you for hearing my prayer.
Donate to our marriage here! Thank you for your continued support!