You know the saying, ‘Four months between planting and harvest.’ But I say, wake up and look around. The fields are already ripe for harvest.John 4:35 NLT
This month of May is one of miracles! Many of you have been waiting for breakthrough or wanting a sign of good things coming your way. You may have felt discouraged or like you’ve missed your moment. But God has pressed upon my heart to tell you to be encouraged!
You are not forgotten and although life struggles have hurt you, breakthrough is coming. It is imperative that we cleave to the voice of God. In the scripture above, Jesus shared with the disciples that there was a great harvest in front of them. They may have been confused if they didn’t see fields of wheat around them. But Jesus referred to something else. As far as farming, it was thought that four months were between planting seeds and receiving a harvest. But the harvest that Jesus referred to was a spiritual harvest. A harvest of souls entering the kingdom of God.
I believe in this season that not only is there an influx of souls being added to God’s kingdom, but also an abundance of miracles and prayers being answered! Diagnoses being reversed, debts being canceled, homes being given, fruitful connections being made.
Speaking of miracles, my husband and I are in the middle of one. We’re believing God to provide us with our next place of residence before our lease is up later this year. Although we don’t have all the details, we know that it’s on the way! We’ve been praying specific prayers, listening for guidance, actively trusting God, and preparing in faith. Believe me, there were moments of doubt but we are persuaded that God has given us a promise. He never fails on His word!
It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.Isaiah 55:11 NLT
Here are some practical tips that can help when you’re in the middle of seeing your miracle.
- Document your journey. It helps to record where you are and what you’re believing for.
- Pray specific prayers. Communicate with God concerning the promise, how you’re feeling, and what His perspective is. Give space to sit still and listen for what He may want to speak to you.
- Fast. Fasting shifts your perspective from life’s distractions and gives you God’s perspective. I can recall so many times hearing God more clearly and receiving spiritual insight because of fasting.
- Place visual reminders around your space. This can be pictures, scriptures, quotes, or more. Get that expectancy in your heart!
- Prepare. Physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually prepare for the blessing. That may mean tossing out old items, packing, reading more articles, buying that power suit for that business, or more. Be creative and be free!
My Prayer for You
Abba, I thank you for my friend who is reading this post. I pray, by Your Spirit, that You encourage their hearts and help them to trust You. May their faith flourish and Your joy cast out all anxiety, doubt, and fear in Jesus' name. May they have expectancy in their hearts and realize that You will always deliver what You've promised. Help them to grow in spiritual maturity and to not be disheartened if the blessing or breakthrough comes in a way that was not anticipated. Your ways are higher than ours and Your thoughts are far greater than ours. Blow our minds with the magnitude of Your goodness and faithfulness. In faith, we trust You and believe Your report inspite of all opposition. Yours is the kingdom,power, and glory forever! In Jesus' name, AMEN!
Check out this empowering message below on praying and believing God!
Purchase a copy of my devotional book, At Those Times, here! Thank you for supporting!